Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year

Hello! Hello! Hello! Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoyed the holidays as much as we did. As I mentioned in our last post we had A LOT of visitors in a short time. We were lucky and got to see these people on Christmas Day, thanks to a layover and living so close to the airport!! Please ignore Ben and I's pale faces next to everyone else. We didn't spend our break in Hawaii like the rest of them, and believe it or not it actually gets cold chilly and dreary rainy in Arizona too but it sure beats the snow!!

My grandma!!!!

My siblings...minus my big brother!

And of course my mom and dad :):):)
We got to exchange presents, eat a homecooked lasanga and garlic bread (very holiday like), catch up, show them around our home, and chase play with the puppies. It was wonderful and much needed!! 

 As if seeing them all wasn't enough, we got to spend 4 days with Ben's parents! We were nervous at first because they day they were scheduled to leave a snow storm hit our home time in Ohio, however they caught both their flights and landed ON TIME! It was so nice to see them and do these things...


We went to the World Wildlife Zoo which is a must do if you ever visit us or where we live. Ben and I are total zoo people. I blame it on me being a teacher and him being a 10 year boy at heart. Did I mention Ben used to wants to be a zookeeper. We love to visit the animals, and we especially love how this zoo helps preserve them! We have a membership so come on out!
The next day we went to Sedona! It was breathtaking beautiful! Seriously no photo does it justice, and my photo skills didn't even come close! Although it was a little chilly we had the greatest time! We hiked and explored shops all day! We most certainly could have made a weekend out of it, but only visited for a day! Ben and I are already planning our trip back! The best part is that it is only 2 hours away!! Hip Hip Hooray!

Enjoying the view!

Ben and his mom!
We also got to take them to some of our favorite restaurants like Yardhouse, which is coming in March to Cincinnati, OH! We recommend that you go as soon as it opens you can, especially if you enjoy a beer or two! It it delicious! I have NEVER tried something there that I didn't like...including tomato soup which I normally loathe!! And for those who know me, I can be a truly picky eater! We also ate at California Pizza Kitchen which was recently introduced to us by a wonderful friend! It is also delicious, don't be fooled by their frozen food selection at the grocery, it is way better fresh!! We also did what seems like a bagillion other things but I don't want to bore you with the details.

We truly loved having family visit, we just wish we could have it happen more often! If you are ever wanting to visit the wild wild west and need a place to stay, let us know! We truly have plenty of room! 

Until next time,
the Shindelshowers

No comments:

Post a Comment