Saturday, January 5, 2013

Resolutions

It absolutely baffles me to think that it is 2013? Where has time gone?  Along with every new year comes....drum roll please... resolutions. I personally find them to be silly and often make fun of them, yet I always seem to come up with one for myself. I know, I am a hypocrite. There is just something about them that makes you want to make one even if you keep it allllllll to yourself. I usually make a goal for myself, remember it, try it out, and then my Feb. 1st or sooner I forget about it and don't think of it until the next New Year rolls around. NOT THIS YEAR! Okay, okay, you can stop your laughing now. I know that is probably what you are doing. Be honest, you probably let out a chuckle or two. It's okay, I did too!!

This year Ben and I are starting a diet, sorta. We aren't going to be starving ourselves or counting calories, we are mostly going to put a bigger emphasis on eating HEALTHY. We have tried it a million few times in the past and we always start out strong, but end up not following through. We usually have the same excuses too, like "I don't have time to make supper, let's get fastfood real quick." Seriously we probably say that once a week, please don't judge us. Seriously we have eaten out twice today....but technically only one was fast food....but we did have those nachos and giant soda at the movies...errr....shit. More than anything this is for our upcoming nuptials (Yes, I am marrying him?!?! JK) than a New Year's resolution, however we thought the more people we told the more likely we would actually stick to our plan..... so we are calling it our resolution. 

Along with our healthy eating plan, I have vowed to learn to become a better cook. For those of you who know me, this is one tall tall feet. I extremely dislike cooking and to make matters worse I am HORRIBLE at it. I have a hard time following the simplest of recipes. Ben is the cook in our home and I am not ashamed to admit it. He is a wonderful cook. God bless him, I would starve without him. However, since we want to become healthier eaters which in turn requires more cooking I am determined to step up my game. I even found a cute little recipe card template to print out recipes on. 

I have been searching recipes all day online and found sooo many that look promising. However, they could all suck and it will take me 5 hours of sweat and labor cooking to figure it out. Sooooo I need your help. Since I do not cook, I do not own recipes, or at least recipes I have tried and like. Sooooo I need yours. Yes it is a need. Tell me us, where do you get your recipes? Or even better share with us some of your favorites. Help me become a better cook, and help Ben get more time to relax. Yes, this means you will have to comment on our site. Don't be scared its totally easy to do and we will love you a bagillion times more for it. 

We will keep you updated, but until next time...

the Shindelshowers


2 comments:

  1. Dude, go to my pinterest food board. I LOVE to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a rule of the universe that anything you make in a crockpot will turn out good.
    Stick a slab of meat with carrots, onions and potatoes for 6 hours and it's guaranteed to be yummy.

    ReplyDelete